If the livestream is not working on your browser, click here.
In her State of the Union Address on Wednesday, 14 September 2022, President von der Leyen will set out the EU’s response to the political, economic, social and energy-related consequences of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and set out the Union’s policy priorities for the coming year.
Marking this major speech, the European Commission Representation in Ireland, the European Parliament Liaison Office in Ireland and the IIEA will host a live-stream of the address, followed by a hybrid panel discussion assessing the key themes explored and President von der Leyen’s outlook and priorities for the future of Europe.
President von der Leyen’s address will be live-streamed from 8.00a.m. and will be followed by a panel discussion from approximately 8.45a.m. Speakers will include:
- Professor John O’Brennan, Jean Monnet Chair at Maynooth University
- Senator Alice-Mary Higgins, Independent Senator in Seanad Éireann;
- David O’Sullivan, Director General, IIEA
- Professor Brigid Laffan, Former Director of the Robert Schuman Centre at the European University Institute (EUI).
The panel will be moderated by Dearbhail McDonald, Journalist, Author, and Broadcaster.
You can also register to follow this event on Zoom. To do so, please follow this Zoom link and enter your details:
- Publication date
- 13 September 2022
- Representation in Ireland