Webinar presenting a data-based account of the state of the health system in Ireland from a comparative, EU-wide perspective.
- health policy
- Wednesday 23 March 2022, 10:00 - 11:00 (GMT)
Over two years after the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, European countries are now at a key juncture. Health services have changed rapidly and dramatically to respond to the health emergency, and many countries have now turned attention to recovery while continuing to register a significant number of COVID-19 cases.
As part of the ‘State of Health in the EU’ (SoHEU) - a two-year recurring project that the European Commission has carried out in partnership with the OECD and the European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies since 2016 – this webinar will present a data-based account of the state of the health system in Ireland from a comparative, EU-wide perspective.
Based on the key findings from Ireland’s Country Health Profile 2021 and the European Commission’s Companion Report, presenters and panelists will discuss:
- How national health systems in Europe are sustaining positive changes and transformations developed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and
- Which government policies and investments in health should be prioritized to support system recovery in the context of the looming threat of the pandemic.
- Jonathan Claridge, Deputy Head of Representation - Head of Political Reporting, European Commission's Representation in Ireland
- Ms Maya Matthews, Head of Unit, Performance of national health systems, DG for Health and Food Safety, European Commission
- Federico Pratellesi, Country desk officer for Ireland, Performance of national health systems unit, DG for Health and Food Safety, European Commission
- Guillaume Dedet, Policy Analyst, Health Division - Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Muiris O’Connor, Assistant Secretary, Head of R&D and Health Analytics, Department of Health
- Tony Canavan, President, Health Management Institute of Ireland
- Stephen McMahon, Co-founder, Irish Patients’ Association
Download the agenda here.