Webinar hosted by the European Commission Representation in Ireland, in cooperation with European Movement Ireland, on the theme: "Safeguarding food security in the EU and beyond".
- food security
- Prior Registration via this link is essential.
The event will explore the Commission’s actions to address rising food prices and tackle global food security. In particular this includes measures to support EU farmers and consumers, provide food security for the Ukrainian citizens as well for “food-deficit” countries.
More information on the European Commission’s actions on food security can be found here.
- Michael Scannell, Deputy Director-General, Agriculture and Rural Development, European Commission
- Joanna Reid, Director of International Programmes,Goal
- Professor Michael Wallace, Professor of Agriculture and Food Economics, School of Agriculture and Food Science, University College Dublin
- Sophie Healy-Thow, Nutrition Activist
The event will be moderated by Barbara Nolan, Head of the European Commission Representation in Ireland.
It will take the format of a panel discussion followed by a Q&A session with participants. Participants are invited to submit their questions by email, including in advance, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please engage on social media using #FoodSecurity
Prior Registration via link is essential: https://bit.ly/EMIEvents7July22
Further information on how to join the webinar will be circulated to registered attendees the day before the event.