Online event on the new EU Forest Strategy for 2030
- forestry policy | sustainable forest management
- Tuesday 5 October 2021, 10:30 - 11:30 (CEST)
On Tuesday morning 5 October, the European Movement Ireland and the European Commission Representation will host an online discussion on the EU Forest Strategy.
Speakers will include:
- Marco Onida, Directorate General for the Environment at the European Commission
- Andrew St. Ledger, Environmental Pillar
- Mark McAuley, Director, Forest Industries Ireland, Ibec.
The event will be moderated by Noelle O Connell, CEO, European Movement Ireland.
The New EU Forest Strategy for 2030 is one of the flagship initiatives of the European Green Deal and was published by the European Commission on 16 July 2021. The strategy aims to improve the quantity and quality of EU forests and strengthen their protection, restoration and resilience.
More information about the New EU Forest Strategy for 2030 can be found here.