Online event: ‘Reflecting on COP26: What are the next steps?’ to explore the outcomes of COP26 co-organised by the European Commission Representation in Ireland and European Movement Ireland
- climate change | UN Framework Convention on Climate Change | adaptation to climate change
- Representation in Ireland
The UN Climate Change Conference - COP26 brings together governments from around the world to agree coordinated action to tackle climate change. The conference is taking place from 31 October to 12 November in Glasgow. The European Union along with world leaders, businesses, local authorities and civil society agreed so far the following outcomes.
The European Union is present at the conference with an EU Pavillion. EU side events are taking place until 12 November. More information can be found here.
This online event will review the issues raised and the targets set during the COP26 conference focusing on the impact on Ireland and the EU.
- Elina Bardram, Acting Director International, Mainstreaming and Policy Coordination at the European Commission's Directorate-General for Climate Action
- Marie Donnelly, Chair of Climate Change Advisory Council
- Dr. Marguerite Nyhan, Senior Lecturer in Future Sustainability at UCC and Visiting Scientist at Harvard University
The event will be moderated by Barbara Nolan, Head of the European Commission Representation in Dublin
The event will take the format of a panel discussion followed by a Q&A section with participants. Participants are invited to submit their questions by email, including in advance, to email@example.com
Please engage on social media using #EUatCOP26#EUGreenDeal
Further information on how to join the webinar will be circulated to registered attendees the day before the event.