Skip to main content
Representation in Ireland

Working in an EU country

Find information on workers' rights, recognition of professional qualifications and social security coordination in the EU.

As an EU national, you're entitled to work — for an employer or as a self-employed person — in any EU country without needing a work permit.
The EU provides common rules to protect your social security rights when moving within Europe (EU 27 + Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland)

Find information on unemployment benefit in another EU country, employment in another EU country, facilities for persons with disabilities, qualifications, annual leave, maternity leave, etc.