Panel discussion on mental health issues and LGBTQ+ young people.
- mental health | inclusion
- Dublin 2, Ireland
- Cén áit
- Europe House12-14 Lower Mount Street, Dublin 2, D02 W710, Ireland
- European Parliament Office in Ireland
- Suíomh gréasáin
- Click here for more information
Research has shown that LGBTQ+ young people are more likely to experience challenges to their mental health than their heterosexual peers. This is largely due to the bullying and discrimination they may encounter at school, home and in their wider communities. LGBTQ+ teenagers have higher rates of suicide and consider suicide at nearly three times the rate of heterosexual youth. Rejection, isolation and bullying can all conspire to make it more difficult for LGBTQ+ youth to feel safe and supported. Our panel will discuss these issues and try to identify what can be done to help these young people.
Venue: Europe House, 12-14 Lower Mount Street, Dublin 2
- Maria WALSH, MEP
- Moninne GRIFFITH, CEO BeLonG To Youth Services
- Rory O’NEILL AKA Panti Bliss, “Gender Discombobulist” and “Accidental activist”