The Commission approved the original scheme on 28 May 2021 (SA.63067) and its subsequent amendment on 2 December 2021 (SA.100717). Ireland notified the following modifications to the original scheme as amended:
- an overall budget increase by €45 million;
- an adjustment of the eligibility conditions, with the provision that applicants, in order to be eligible, must plan to hold a live performance event between 1 December 2021 and 30 June 2022; and
- the new closing date for the receipt of applications under the measure is 30 June 2022.
The Commission found that the Irish scheme, as amended, continues to be in line with the conditions set out in the Temporary Framework. In particular, the aid
- will not exceed €2.3 million per beneficiary; and
- will be granted no later than 30 June 2022.
The Commission concluded that the amended Irish scheme remains necessary, appropriate and proportionate to remedy a serious disturbance in the economy of a Member State, in line with Article 107(3)(b) TFEU and the conditions set out in the Temporary Framework. On this basis, the Commission approved the amended scheme under EU State aid rules.
More information on the Temporary Framework and other actions taken by the Commission to address the economic impact of the coronavirus pandemic can be found here. The non-confidential version of the decision will be made available under the case number SA.101267 in the State aid register on the Commission's competition website once any confidentiality issues have been resolved.
- Dáta foilsithe
- 19 Eanáir 2022
- An Ionadaíocht in Éirinn