Hybrid panel Discussion on the theme: How Russian Propaganda and Disinformation Impacts Societies Worldwide
- Tuesday 14 November 2023, 10:00 - 15:00 (GMT)
- Dublin 2, Ireland
- Live streaming available
We live in the times of hybrid warfare when news, photos and videos contribute to the course and outcomes of wars. Russia has become a global champion in the craft of spreading lies and creating deep fakes, which reach to the minds of ordinary people not only inside the country, but across Europe and the world. Misinformation fuels narratives that are creating fear, distrust in governments and social unrest across societies.
This high level event in Dublin brings together local and international experts, journalists and researchers from Ukraine, Ireland, the EU and the USA to discuss how Russian propaganda and disinformation impacts our societies and what are the best cases and practices of countering Russian disinformation in Europe and on a global scale.
Following the opening remarks by the Ambassadors and organisers, the first panel will discuss methods, instruments and tactics of Russia’s Information warfare from the different corners of the world. In the second half of the event, our speakers will present case studies and best practices in countering disinformation.
- Anayit Khoperiya, Head of the Department for Countering Information Threats to National Security, Center for Countering Disinformation at the National Security and Defence Council of Ukraine
- Martyna Bildziukiewicz, Head of East Stratcom Task Force, European External Action Service
- Tanya Lokot, Associate Professor in Digital Media & Society, School of Communications, Dublin City University
- Susan Daly, Managing Editor at Journal Media
- Jakub Kalensky, Deputy Director, the European Center of Excellence for Countering Hybrid Threats
- David Salvo, Senior Fellow and Managing Director of the Alliance for Securing Democracy (ASD) at GMF
- Tomas Čeponis, Senior Specialist, Hybrid Threat Resilience Group at the Lithuanian Ministry of Defence
- Olesya Horiainova, Head of Communications, Ukrainian Security and Cooperation Center
The event is organised by the Embassy of Ukraine to Ireland and Ukrainian Action in Ireland in partnership with the European Commission Representation in Ireland and the US Embassy to Ireland.