Online panel discussion on the EU Digital COVID Certificate and Ireland
- The EU Digital COVID Certificate and Ireland
The EU Digital COVID Certificate aims to facilitate the safe free movement of citizens within the EU during the COVID-19 pandemic with effect from summer 2021. This webinar will aim to explain the background to the Certificate, the current state of play and what it will mean in practical terms for people in Ireland hoping to travel in Europe in the coming months as well as for the Irish tourism sector.
More information on the EU Digital COVID Certificate can be found from the European Commission here and the European Parliament here.
- Minister Ossian Smyth TD, Minister of State at the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform
- Billy Kelleher MEP, Renew, Ireland South
- Deirdre Clune MEP, EPP, Ireland South
- Monika Mosshammer, Deputy Head of Unit for Union Citizenship Rights and Free Movement, Directorate-General for Justice and Consumers, European Commission.
The event will be moderated by Mary Regan, RTÉ journalist.
Further information on how to join the online event will be circulated to registered attendees the day before the event.
Participants can send in questions in advance or during the event by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.