The European Commission Representation in Ireland is delighted to welcome students and their teachers to visit us online and learn about the European Union.
Physical visits to our office will resume when permitted under Covid-19 public health guidelines.
Virtual visits are open to students from primary and secondary schools, and universities, but may be of particular interest to secondary school teachers of CSPE, Transition Year, Leaving Cert History, Business or Politics and Society.
The virtual visit will last 1 hour and will include a presentation and a 10 minute film about Ireland and the EU, followed by a discussion and a quiz for students.
Topics coveredcan include:
- The history and foundation of the European Union
- The EU institutions and what they do
- Ireland and the EU
- How the EU is responding to key challenges such as climate change and Covid-19
- What the EU means for young people.
- Information on careers in the institutions (senior cycle students)
To arrange a virtual visit for your class, please email us at email@example.com
We look forward to meeting you!
Please note: Virtual visits will be hosted by participating schools on their preferred technical platform and subject to their code of conduct for remote learning.